Overview of AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper is backup software and disk imaging software for Microsoft Windows working environment. It provides the automatic backup solution to back up the files, systems, disks, partitions or emails in just few clicks and restore everything back to its original state when meet the disasters. As a disk imaging software, AOMEI Backupper offers the easiest way to migrate data from smaller HDD to a larger HDD for disk upgrade and transfer data to SSD for better performance. AOMEI Backupper supports Windows PC operating systems and Windows Server operating systems.
One powerful feature should be pointed out is that AOMEI Backupper could be used to create a Linux or Windows PE bootable media (CD/DVD disc or USB drive) which will help to boot computer if suffers system crash and other disasters. Meanwhile, it has built in many advanced backup plan management, supporting to create incremental & differential backups, do real-time file sync, delete old backup images to save backup disk space and set up a schedule to automatic plan.
When May Need AOMEI Backupper
- Create a Full Backup: When you want to create a complete backup of the entire computer including Windows operating system and all the installed applications.
- Disk Migration, Disk Upgrade and SSD Migration: Disk clone can help to upgrade hard disk from old small disk to a new larger one without reinstallations of operating system and the applications.
- Installing a New Computer: In order to the new user has a complete application suite without installing the same applications. It’s usually used for original equipment manufacturers and larger companies.
- Reboot and Restore: As far as we know, many larger companies will wipe and restore hard drive to avoid the viruses. It makes sure user could restore to a clean and right working state even if he did misconfigure, downloaded inappropriate content.
The Main Features of AOMEI Backupper
- Backup System: System backup is a kind of backup aiming at imaging system partition and other system related partition (such as system reserved partition and boot partition), including system files, boot files, configuration settings, applications, drivers, etc. on those partitions.
- Disk Backup: Disk backup will back up all your files on the disk into a compressed image file, including all partitions or volumes on this disk, as well as system files. That means if you back up a system disk, after restoring it, the restored disk can also be booted directly. Yet, disk backup is different from system backup; system backup only backup items related to system, such as boot files and system files.
- Schedule Automatic Backup: Set up a schedule to automatically backup system and data, especially for users who want to create backups at a lesser frequency or have multiple backup schedules (e.g. daily, weekly and monthly).
- Event-triggered Backup: In addition to the basic schedule backups by daily, weekly or monthly, AOMEI Backupper can detect specific events and create a backup when they occur, including user logon, user logoff, system startup and system shutdown.
- Dissimilar Hardware Restore: AOMEI Dissimilar Hardware/Universal Restore feature allows you to restore a system image backup created on one computer to another with different hardware. With all the preparations completed, the steps for dissimilar hardware restore are easy and straightforward.
- Disk Clone: Clone a hard drive to another without creating an image file. Besides, it supports to clone large HDD to smaller SSD or HDD.
- File Sync: Synchronize files/folders automatically with a schedule (daily, weekly or monthly) or real-time synchronize files/folders to target path once any change (new add, modification or deletion) happens in the source path.
It’s important to back your files or operating system up. You can easily restore all data back to the original state if the system crash. AOMEI Backupper definitely provides a safe solution for all Windows uses. AOMEI Backupper Standard is the free backup software to ensure data security with easy and fast operations. AOMEI Backupper Professional provides more advanced features comparing the free one.