Last Updated on June 17, 2020 by Larious
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G comes packed with features that accrue the tag of a rebranded Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. It features the same chassis design, display, processor, battery, and lots more. To further buttress this fact, we explore its specs and price. Which will also help in making your purchase decision.
Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G Key Specs and Features
- 6.53-inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, (395 PPI)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm) Processor
- 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage, with Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 13MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear-Mounted)
- 18W Fast Charge
- 5020mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G features the exact chassis design we saw on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. There is no telling which is by just meer scrutinizing the chassis.
On the rear, we have a camera bump which is home to four cameras, a camera flash, a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and the Redmi branding which gives a hint that its a Xiaomi smartphone.
Upfront we have got a 6.43-inch IPS LCD display which is home to a punch-hole camera. This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a screen density of 395 PPI.
The camera hardware on the Xiaomi Redmi 10x is also a repetition of what we already saw on the Redmi note 9. It’s the same quad-camera system on the rear and the same single camera upfront.
The rear quad-camera system on this mobile phone comprises of a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, a 2MP depth camera, and a 2MP macro camera.
This rear camera setup is capable of 720p and 1080p video recording. You also get HDR and Panorama mode for taking photos.
Upfront is a 13MP selfie camera, which is also capable of 1080p video recording and Panorama for photos.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G sports an Octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 Processor, 4GB / 6GB RAM variants, 128GB of internal storage, a 5020 mAh battery. It also provides an 18W fast charge and a 9W reverse charge mechanism.
The difference it has with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, is that it adopts a much higher RAM variant and ditches the 3GB base RAM. It also ditches the base 64GB variant and opts for only 128GB inbuilt storage.
On the software side, this Android phone runs the MIUI 11 interface on top of the Android 10 interface.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, dual-band Wifi Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G is capped at 4G LTE, this means you won’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi 10x 4G starts around $140 for the base 4GB / 128GB variant, which is about 54,138 Naira, 14,951 Kenyan shillings, and 807 Ghana cedi.
The Maxed out 6GB / 128GB variant is expected to go on sale for a price around $160, 61,872 Naira, 922 Ghana Cedi, and 17,087 Kenyan shillings.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G was announced on May 26th, 2020, and is currently available for purchase. It comes in Blue, Green, White.
Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G:
- Platform: Android 10; MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Blue, Green, White
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.2 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.53 inch IPS LCD, 19.5:9 Ratio, 1080 x 2340 pixels (395 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 13MP Camera, f/2.3, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assitant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable Li-Po 5020 mAh Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Fast Battery Capacity