Block All Social Media Websites – Each time We get free time from our work, research, and many others. we simply Log-In to any Social Networking Websites particularly on Fb, Instagram, Twitter, and many others. and find yourself with wasting numerous time and neglect all about objectives, work, and research.
Calm down! It also occurred to me on many occasions. Now it’s the suitable time to step up and block any social media web sites in your PC that wasted your time and distracted you from your objectives.
The fashionable world has given birth to some web sites where you will get details about any matter or interact with your family and friends. Nevertheless, some folks get addicted to those social networking web sites like Fb, Twitter, and many others and spend hours and hours browsing these web sites.
Kids utilizing these web sites get reluctant to do other things whereas the grown-ups put their work behind to make use of these social networking web sites. It becomes very important to get them off these web sites, and the easiest way to do that is by blocking social media websites on their PCs significantly.
Admittedly, blocking social networking web sites will increase the productiveness of the individuals particularly college students who’re glued to those web sites. Therefore, right here we’re about to debate the methods by which is able to assist you to block social networking web sites in your PC.
These web sites will be blocked completely or quickly based on your want and definitely on totally different browsers like Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and many others. These web sites can be scheduled to get blocked and later get unblocked. The strategies are fairly easy and get achieved within a couple of minutes with a couple of clicks solely.
Block Any Social Networking Websites on Your PC
Technique #1: HT Employee Monitor to block web sites Completely
It is a software program which you need to use to block a specific social networking web site in your PC. There are numerous variations of this software program corresponding to parental management, employee monitor, and many others. You may obtain probably the most related model for you.
Step 1- Download and set up the software on the PC during which you wish to block the web sites.
Step 2- Launch this software program on the PC and go to the ‘Web site Blocking‘ part.
Step 3- Right here, you will notice a listing of ‘Banned Categories‘ on the left-hand aspect of the window. You may check the undesirable web site categories to get blocked. It’s also possible to add an internet site within the ‘Banned Web sites‘ record to completely block that web site in your PC.
Step 4- As soon as you’re done with including all of the undesirable web sites, click on on ‘Apply‘ which you will see on the bottom of the window.
The modifications will be made instantly in your PC, and the web sites you had talked about will get blocked completely until you make additional adjustments. I like to recommend you only to block these web sites like Fb which can be wasting your time.
Technique #2: HT Employee Monitor to block web sites quickly
Blocking the social networking websites quickly is a lot better than blocking them completely. By doing this, they will manage between doing productive work and utilizing these web sites. So let’s have a look at the steps.
Step 1- Download and set up this software program on the PC during which you wish to block the web sites quickly.
Step 2- Open the software program and go to ‘Web site Limiting’ section.
Step 3- Right here, enter the URLs of the web sites which you want to block quickly. You may add web sites by clicking on the ‘Add Website‘ option which you will see in the same window.
Step 4- As soon as you are done with including all of the web sites, click on on them and click on on ‘Limit‘ from the drop-down box.
Step 5- You may then set the entire time limit for the web site to stay blocked. It’s also possible to schedule the time of the day for which the web sites will proceed to be blocked. You will see that the options to do that on the bottom of the window.
Step 6- When you’re done with specifying the period of time and scheduling the block, click on on ‘Apply‘ to save and apply the adjustments in your PC.
You may conceal this software program so that the folks from whom you might be blocking these web sites don’t make any adjustments within the schedule of blocking. This software program can be protected from any bypassing and thus guaranteeing the security of the changes you may have made.
This software program additionally maintains statistics of how much time a person spent on every visited web site on day by day, weekly or person selected durations. This helps in monitoring the web sites on which an individual wastes most of his time and thus, it may be prevented utilizing the strategies talked about above.
Technique #3: Block Social Networking Websites Without Softwares / Manually
The strategy talked about above #1 and technique #2 solely works with software program. However, You may block any social networking web sites in your pc with out software program.
Step 1- First you should edit ‘Host File‘ in your PC.
How To Open Host File in Windows and MAC?
- For Windows 2003/XP/Vista/7/8 and Windows 10, the host file path is: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\and so on\
- For the Apple Mac OS X, the host file path is at:
- /private/and so on/hosts
Step 2- After open Host File, click on on ‘Edit Button’ and open it up in Notepad
Step 3- After that merely add this line if you wish to block Fb and Instagram solely.
Step 4- If you wish to block all social networking websites together with dating websites, then you can Download this Host File and easily add it there. (as talked about in step 3)
Step 5- Save the host file. And you’re done!
It doesn’t matter which versions of Windows you are using, you can block Facebook website on your system pretty easily. The process is quite similar and can be implemented in almost every version.
- Simply launch the Windows Explorer on your system and visit the directory on which Windows is installed. Most of the times, it is the C drive.
- Browse to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc to view a few files. Look for the “Hosts” file.
- Select the “Hosts” file, right-click it, and open it with Notepad.
- Scroll to the end of the file and write “127.0.0.1”. Press tab and write the URL that you wish to block. In this case, it is www.facebook.com.
- Simply save the file and restart your computer.
How to Block Facebook Website on Mac?
Just like Windows, Mac also provides a hassle-free way to block Facebook website. You can always launch the Terminal, open the Hosts file and add the websites you wish to block. Though, you can also take the assistance of the Parental Control app to block certain websites. It can be done by following these steps:
- To start with, make a different account for your kids and go to the System Preferences on Mac.
- From here, you need to launch the Parental Controls section.
- Select the account you wish to customize and click on the lock icon at the bottom. You would be needed to provide your password to access these settings.
- Now, go to the Web tab and under the Website Restrictions section, enable the option of “Try to limit adult websites automatically”. Furthermore, click on the “Customize” option to access more options.
- Click on the Add (“+”) icon under the “Never allow these websites” section and manually enter www.facebook.com in this list.
- Save your settings and exit this panel.
How to Block Any Website on a browser?
Besides blocking websites through your system, you can also take the assistance of web browsers. These days, all the popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. come with a blocking feature.
- Launch Google Chrome and go to its Advanced Settings. Under the “System” section, click on the “Proxy Settings” option.
- This will launch a new pop-up window of Internet properties. Go to the “Privacy” tab and click on the “Sites” button.
- From here, you can write the URL of the website you wish to block.
- Click on the “Block” button and save your changes.
- Launch Firefox on your system and visit its settings/options from the menu bar.
- Select the “Privacy & Security” option on the left panel and go to the “History” section.
- From here, click on the “Exceptions” button and manually provide the URL of the website you wish to block.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to its Tools > Internet Options.
- This will launch a new pop-up window. Go to its “Content” tab and click on the “Enable” option under the Content Advisor section.
- Under the “Approved Sites” tab, you can provide the URL of the website you wish to block.
- Click on the “Never” button and save the applied changes.
Furthermore, you can also use add-ons and third-party tools to block Facebook website or any other website on your computer.